Benjamin (I) Bratt filmography and biography
Date of birth: 16 December 1963, San Francisco, California, USA
Benjamin (I) Bratt biography
The middle of five children, Bratt hails from a close-knit family. His mother, a Peruvian Indian from Lima, moved to the U.S. at age 14. He grew up in San Francisco.
Benjamin (I) Bratt trivia
- Attended Lowell High School in San Francisco, California.
- His mother is a native American activist. She took her five children along when she was part of the Alcatraz prison takeover in 1970.
- (1997 - 2001) Dated Julia Roberts (I).
- Brother of Peter Bratt.
- Benjamin studied at the University of California at Santa Barbara and at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Is a member of Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
- Was nicknamed "Scarecrow" by high school classmates because he was so thin.
- Of Peruvian (Qechua) and German extraction.
- Engaged to Talisa Soto (April 2002), whom he met while filming Pintilde;ero in 2001.
- Had baby girl, Sophia Rosalinda Bratt, with wife, actress Talisa Soto, on December 6, 2002 in New York City.
- Received a B.F.A. in Theatre (acting) from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Has a home in San Francisco
- Had baby boy, Mateo Bravery Bratt, with his wife, Talisa Soto, on October 3, 2005 in Los Angeles. Mateo weighed in at 7lb 7oz.
- Wore a Calvin Klein suit in his April 2002 wedding to Talisa Soto.
- He is friends with Sandra Bullock. He costarred with her in Demolition Man and Miss Congeniality.
Benjamin (I) Bratt quotes
- My family is like a sanctuary to me. I always turn to them for support and strength. I take comfort in knowing no matter which path I choose, my family stands behind me.
- It takes some kind of fortitude for someone like my mom to single-handedly raise five children, get them through college, and keep them out of jail.