Adam Kalesperis filmography and biography
Adam Kalesperis biography
Born and raised in the Chicago area, Adam has performed on some of its
best known regional stages: Chicago Dramatists (Imminent Dangers of
Love and the Afterlife, world premiere), the Apollo Theatre (Midsummer
Night's Dream), and with TUTA at the Viaduct and Chopin theatres
(Tracks, U.S. premiere). He also had a year-long engagement as "the bad
boy" Nick Fender in the Off-Broadway hit Awesome 80s Prom.
Adam earned his BA in Theatre from UCLA, where he studied acting and playwriting. L.A. theatre credits include Spring Awakening with The Production Company, Tartuffe with The Theatre @ Boston Court, and Take Me Out with Celebration Theatre. Also a composer/lyricist, he wrote, directed and produced his own original musical Return to Shilo, which premiered at the Zephyr Theatre.
Adam is best known for his intense portrayal of a frightened guard in The Dark Knight, where he performed opposite Christian Bale. Other credits include TV shows ER and Womens Murder Club, several independent films, and over 30 theatrical productions. While working as a teaching artist for at-risk youth in L.A. County, Adam co-founded B.R.I.D.G.E Theatre Project, an arts organization offering playwriting and acting programs to communities worldwide.
Adam Kalesperis trivia
- Plays trumpet and piano.
- Greek and German descent.
- Active participant in the IHSA speech and acting tournaments, where at 17 he was voted 2nd in the State of Illinois for his original comedy routine.
- Salutatorian of his high school graduating class.
- Graduate of the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Theater Acting.
- Works as a teaching artist with The Unusual Suspects Theater Company (www.theunusualsuspects.org), an outreach organization dedicated to inspiring and empowering at-risk youth through original theater.
- Co-Founded B.R.I.D.G.E Theatre Project (www.bridgetheatre.org), an arts organization offering playwriting and acting programs to communities worldwide, providing opportunities for cultural exchange and artistic communion on an international scale.
Adam Kalesperis filmography
|Breath and Smoke||2009|
|The Dark Knight||2008|
|Women's Murder Club||2007|