Mitch Pileggi filmography and biography
Date of birth: 5 April 1952, Portland, Oregon, USA
Mitch Pileggi trivia
- Graduated from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Daughter Sawyer Scout Pileggi was born May 24, 1998.
- Mitch and his wife Arlene were married in Hawaii on Christmas Break 1996.
- David Duchovny was best man at his wedding.
- In real life, Mitch Pileggi (Skinner) met his wife Arlene Warren on the set of The X Files while she was stand-in to Gillian Anderson (I) (Scully). In later episodes, Warren got some screen time--as Skinner's secretary, named Arlene.
- Besides David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson (I), he is the only other actor to appear in The X Files, The X Files and The X Files: I Want to Believe.
- Pileggi was working as a defense contractor in Isfahan, Iran, about two weeks before Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi was deposed, in 1979. Due to strained relations between Iran and the United States, the company he worked for was evacuating the employees on a Pan American flight. Pileggi said in a 2008 radio interview that for some reason, possibly for a supernormal reason, he booked his own flight with Swiss Air, on the plane that would be the last out of the country for many days. They were supposed to land in Baghdad, Iraq, but a thunderstorm prevented any landings, so the pilot flew them to Athens, Greece. Pileggi said, "I think we got there on fumes.".