Minnie Driver filmography and biography
Date of birth: 31 January 1970, Finsbury Park, London, England, UK
Minnie Driver biography
Amelia Fiona J. Driver was born January 31, 1970 in Finsbury Park,
London. Her mother, Gaynor Churchward, was a designer and former
couture model and her father, Ronnie Driver, was a businessman. She has
a sister, Kate Driver, who's a model and a producer. Minnie's
mother was her father's mistress. Her father's wife did not know about
his second family. She has Irish, Scottish, Italian and French
ancestry. She was raised in Barbados.
Her first major role was in the film Circle of Friendsopposite 'Chris ODonnell (I) and Colin Firth. In the next few years she had roles in films such has GoldenEye, Sleepers and Grosse Pointe Blank. In 1997 she starred in the popular and financially successful film Good Will Hunting opposite Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, who also wrote the screenplay for the film and received Oscars for their achievement. The film also earned Minnie an Oscar nomination for best actress in a supporting role.
She had a noted recurring role on Will amp; Grace in 2003-2004 and also appeared in films such as An Ideal Husband, Return to Me, Owning Mahowny, Ella Enchanted, The Phantom of the Opera, Delirious and Take. She now stars in the popular Tv-series The Riches opposite Eddie Izzard.
Minnie has been romantically linked with several of her co-stars, including Matt Damon and John Cusack. She was engaged to marry Josh Brolin before they broke up suddenly in 2001. In the last few years she has kept her private life, private. On March 13, 2008, during an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, she announced that she was expecting her first child. On September 5, 2008, she gave birth to a boy named Henry Story Driver. The name of the baby's father has not been revealed.
Minnie Driver trivia
- She was raised in Barbados.
- Attended finishing schools in Paris and Grenoble.
- Her sister, Kate Driver, is a model.
- Worked as a jazz singer and guitarist in London.
- (August 2000) Had her appendix removed.
- (April 2001) Officially announced her engagement to boyfriend, actor Josh Brolin.
- (Oct 2001) Announced she and Josh Brolin had broken up.
- Claims that one of the reasons why she and ex-fiance Josh Brolin broke-up is due to Brolin's step-mother, Barbra Streisand, constantly trying to take charge of her wedding.
- Completed her debut album, 'Everything I've Got In My Pocket' (2004)
- Trained at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, whose alumni include Elizabeth Knowelden, Terence Stamp, Julia Ormond, Rupert Friend, Angela Lansbury, Matthew Goode, Sue Johnston (I), Hugh Bonneville and Julian Fellowes.
- The name Minnie was a childhood nickname.
- She was inspired to act after being bowled over by Meryl Streep in Sophies Choice.
- During her appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, she described her place of dwelling as a "modular" home by the beach in Los Angeles, CA. She used the word "modular" despite Jay Leno's attempts at correcting her to say "trailer".
- She is an avid surfer (hence living by the beach) as revealed on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- Recorded dialogue for a scene in The Simpsons Movie (2007). Her scene was ultimately cut from the film.
- Announced on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on March 13, 2008 that she is pregnant with her first child.
- Gave birth to first child, a boy named Henry Story Driver, on September 5, 2008. He weighed 9 lbs. 12 oz.
- Did not return to work until five months after giving birth to her son Henry in order to begin filming Conviction (2010/II).
- Is a vegetarian.
Minnie Driver quotes
- "People go 'You look a lot like Minnie Driver.' Once I said, 'Thanks, Minnie is a great actress.' But, it blew up in my face. This person said, 'Nah, didn't like the last movie she did.'"
- Visiting factories in Cambodia: "Every time companies squeeze to get lower production costs, faster production, it's nobody but the working women who suffer and their families back at home."
- "I box as a sport, but I'd never box with a man. I'm not afraid of getting hurt. Quite the opposite: I'm afraid I'd get carried away and hurt the guy."