• VMware Workstation 8.0.0 Build 471780 •
VMware Workstation is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers/testers and enterprise IT professionals that runs multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single PC. Winner of more than 50 industry awards, VMware Workstation transforms the way technical professionals develop, test, demo, and deploy software. VMware Workstation is an integral component of any serious technical professional’s toolkit. Innovative features help software developers, QA engineers, sales professionals, and IT administrators to reduce hardware cost, save time, minimize risk, and streamline tasks that save time and improve productivity. With support for over 200 operating systems including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and over 20 other versions of Windows, along with Redhat, Ubuntu, OpenSuse and 26 additional versions of Linux. VMware Workstation delivers the broadest guest platform support for running multiple operating systems at the same time on your PC.
Features & Benefits:
• Comprehensive Windows 7 support, including Easy install, 3D Graphics Support, live thumbnails, desktop preview, and XP mode.
• Install and run VMware vSphere 4 and VMware ESXi as a guest OS.
• AutoProtect makes it easy to go back in time when things were good, with automatic hourly, daily, or weekly snapshots.
• Remote Replay Debugging makes it easier to analyze and to debug hard-to-reproduce software defects.
Essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support make VMware Workstation the most powerful and indispensable tool for enterprise IT developers and system administrators.
VMware Workstation provides the most dependable, high performing, and secure virtual machine platform. It offers the broadest host and guest operating system support, the richest user experience, and the most comprehensive feature set. Automate and streamline tasks to save time and improve productivity. Run applications in Linux, Windows, and more at the same time on the same PC with no rebooting. Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment. Demonstrate complex software applications on a single laptop in a repeatable, reliable manner. Rich integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse, and the SpringSource Tool Suite make it incredibly easy to debug applications on multiple platforms.
VMware Workstation enables users to:
• Configure and test multi-tier applications, application updates, and operating system patches on a single PC
• Easily restore or share archived test environments, reducing repetitive configuration and set-up time
• Streamline computer-based training by allowing students to always start from a "clean" state and experiment with multiple operating systems, applications, and tools in secure, isolated virtual machines
• Run software demos of complex or multi-tier configurations on a single laptop
• Accelerate help desk resolution of end-user problems with a library of pre-configured virtual machines
Operating System Support: All Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit
Changes in VMware Workstation 8.0 Build 471780 | 09 14 2011 :
Installation Changes and Enhanced Keyboards
- The hardware requirements to install this version of Workstation have changed. Workstation now requires a relatively modern 64-bit CPU.
- The keyboard filter driver is no longer installed by default. When the driver is not installed, the enhanced keyboard functionality is unavailable and you must press Ctrl-Alt-Ins instead of Ctrl-Alt-Del to send a Ctrl-Alt-Del keystroke to the guest. To use the enhanced keyboard functionality, you must perform a custom installation and select the component. If you select the component, you must reboot whenever you install or uninstall Workstation.
Virtual Hardware Improvements
This version of Workstation includes many hardware improvements. To try new hardware features, you must upgrade the hardware version of your virtual machine or create a new virtual machine that uses the latest virtual hardware version.
* The display technology has been changed to provide a better experience for Unity users and users who have multiple monitors. These changes also allow you to add a projector to your laptop without restarting your virtual machine.
* Virtual machines can now support up to 64GB of memory. The host system should have more than 64GB of memory to use this feature.
* An HD Audio device is available for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2008, and Windows 2008 R2 guests. The HD Audio device is compatible with the RealTek ALC888 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio Codec.
* USB 3.0 support is available for Linux guests running kernel version 2.6.35 or later (Ubuntu 10.10) through a new virtual xHCI USB controller. To enable this feature, add the following line to the .vmx file: usb_xhci.present = “true”. Do not enable this feature for Windows guests. Because Windows does not currently have a generic xHCI driver, this feature will not work in Windows.
* Bluetooth devices on the host can now be shared with Windows guests. With the latest hardware version, Bluetooth devices that are paired to the host system radio are available to Windows guests and can be paired from within the guest. You should not pair Bluetooth audio devices, such as headphones, or Bluetooth input devices, such as keyboards and mice, to a guest.
* You can now enable Virtual VT-X/EPT or AMD-V/RVI in the processor settings interface. With this feature, applications running in a guest can take advantage of these virtualization technologies. You can also run 64-bit guest operating systems inside of vSphere running inside Workstation.
New User Interface
The Workstation user interface has been updated to include new menus, toolbars, and an improved preferences screen.
* The favorites sidebar has been replaced with a virtual machine library. Instead of identifying every virtual machine created in Workstation as a favorite, the library is a comprehensive list of all of the virtual machines that Workstation users create, open, or access.
* A new folder summary page helps you to better manage a group of related virtual machines. Live thumbnails make it easy to see what is happening in running virtual machines.
* The full screen toolbar has been updated so that you can do more without having to leave full screen mode. Quick switch mode is no longer needed.
Compatible Systems: XP / Vista / 7
Language : Multilingual
Size: 474 MB